Sunday, September 09, 2007

God's reply to our fears of causing Global Warming

by Jim Cathcart, 9-9-07

I thought you might enjoy this item I wrote today in reply to one of my colleagues who is concerned that we may be ruining the Earth. No reply sought, I just wanted to share a different point of view from all the news we've been reading. Jim C

Oh arrogant human, God thought as he smiled. What makes you so confident that you can spoil MY plan?
Want to make me laugh? Tell me YOUR plans.
This world is designed to work, even when you don't.
It already knows how to adapt to volcanic eruptions, quakes, tidal waves, huge fires lasting months on end.
It cleans up oil spills even if you don't. It is the ultimate self-renewing resource.
I know what I'm doing. My system works for all elements within it.

How long do you humans live? Want to compare life spans with me? I didn't think so.
Your concerns are heard, and yes, of course I care. You are my children.
But, folks, I'm going to outlive you all. There will be more children and each will go through life's cycles as you have.
Civilizations come and go, continents shift, and (because I intended it this way) the weather patterns constantly change. What I've frozen during one year I might choose to bake in the next. Every inch of the planet will ultimately get its day.
Droughts always follow floods, fires always purge thick growth, species fade from existence and new species replace them.
This ALWAYS works...always, get it?

The problem is perspective. You think only in terms of your own lifespans. You see the world as yours, not mine.
Silly humans. Earths are for God.
You are not able to change my weather, even if all of you agree on a process for doing it. Believe me, it won't happen.
First, you won't ever all agree on anything. That too, is part of the plan. Second. You don't know enough to make the right decisions about things as big as global weather. I'll heat Earth when I choose and cool it too. When you do something that converts some of my elements into other forms you do not change the overall makeup of Earth. You simply processed it into a different form...temporarily.
I'll put it back in the form I want it when I'm ready. You cannot change the amount of carbon on Earth or the size or nature of the planet. Your "pollutants", which I simply call "reformatted elements", are not going to spoil things for me or my Earth.
Now, they may spoil things for YOU but that's not my problem.
So, be responsible, work together, think beyond your generations, and enjoy what I've given you.

Of course, you will benefit from smarter actions and less waste. Sure you will get more from the Earth when you care for it better. After all it is the right thing to do.
But don't ever get the impression that you can damage my world.

What would you do? Set a fire? I do that all the time.
Would you redistribute some element like oil products? I do that too.
Let's see you cause an earthquake or a volcanic eruption. Try changing my atmosphere.
Can't do it can you? Nope not even with nuclear technology. Why? Because that's the way I made it.
My world is smarter than you. It's not just a dumb rock, it is an intelligent living system, an organism just like you.
So, lighten up folks and enjoy the life I've given you.
Oh, and by the way, be nicer to each other.
See you on the other side.
Dad

No comments: