Friday, January 04, 2008

Things to Celebrate in the New Year


by Jim Cathcart

Last year was my business' 30th Anniversary. In contemplation of how to best celebrate that milestone I did a scan of my "top 30s". These were things like: my 30 best customers, 30 favorite memories, 30 top employees and coworkers, etc. Without realizing it until much later, I had stumbled onto a very effective checklist for reflecting on any of life's transitions (like the beginning of a new year.)

As you look toward the next phase of your life and business consider your answers to the questions implied in this list. Whether it is a reflection on one year, ten, or fifty, take time to write your lists under each category. Carry the list with you and every week or so, take a casual moment with a favorite beverage and just reflect. My favorite is over breakfast as I begin a new day.

"Without reflection there is no true learning." Kevin Buck

(In your list please substitute your number where I have inserted "30".)

Thirty Things to Celebrate and Think About
1. 30 People I should take time to Thank
2. 30 Biggest Customers
3. 30 Best Customers & Why
4. 30 Most Fun Experiences
5. 30 Biggest Profit Items
6. 30 Mentors who helped me
7. 30 Life Lessons I've learned
8. 30 Changes that have paid off for me
9. 30 Top Achievements in my life
10. 30 People/Organizations I'd like to work with again
11. 30 Best Meeting Planners I've worked with
12. 30 Greatest moments in working with Speakers Bureaus
13. 30 Top Employees and Vendors I've worked with
14. 30 Milestones in my life
15. 30 Things I'm grateful for
16. 30 Things I'd like to do next
17. 30 Places to return to
18. 30 Colleagues I admire
19. 30 Best feedback messages I've received
20. 30 Coolest Moments of all
21. 30 Best Habits I've formed
22. 30 Books/Recordings I've learned from
23. 30 Favorite topics I'm interested in
24. 30 Ways I can say "Thank You"
25. 30 Favorite Songs
26. 30 Leadership Ideas I like
27. 30 Sales Ideas I can use
28. 30 Fitness Ideas I can use
29. 30 Ways to recharge my batteries
30. 30 Ways I can serve my customers even better

May God continue to bless you as you count these blessings and create more.

Copyright 2008 Jim Cathcart
Click here to subscribe to this Blog

No comments: